Osborne Recruitment would like to invite you to our Complimentary Breakfast Briefing covering;
‘Developments in HR / Employment Law’ Breakfast Seminar
Date: Thursday 5th March 2015
Time: Registration: 7:45am (and a light breakfast)
Seminar: 8am – 9.30am
Location: Crowne Plaza Hotel, Blanchardstown Town Centre, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
Speaker: Derek McKay, Managing Director, Adare Human Resource Management
Staying on top of all the most recent developments in the areas of human resources and employment legislation can be a very time consuming and challenging task. This timely briefing will provide you with an opportunity to get right up to speed on any HR / employment law developments that you may have missed in 2014, as well as to learn about what's coming down the road in 2015
Reviewing 2014 Developments:
This breakfast briefing will touch on many of the aspects of employment law, including:
- Significant case law over the last 12 months in particular under the Unfair Dismissals Acts 1977 – 2011 and the Employment Equality Acts 1998 – 2012;
- The increase of the State Pension age, compulsory retirement and the challenges for Organisations;
- The introduction of the Protected Disclosures Acts (Whistleblowing legislation);
- The learnings from case law for Organisations and the risks.
The Road Ahead:
The breakfast briefing will also consider:
- Upcoming Legislation to be introduced including the reform of the Industrial Relations (Amendment) Act on collective bargaining relating to Trade Union Recognition and what will significantly enhance the ability to negotiate working conditions;
- The planned changes to the Workplace Reform Systems which will involve setting up of the Workplace Relations Commission and the concurrent dissolution of the LRC, Employment Appeals Tribunal (EAT), National Employment Rights Authority (NERA) and Equality Tribunal;
- Changes to accruing annual leave while on long term sick leave;
- Pay and local pay negotiations;
- Performance Management and the organisational benefits
What You'll Learn:
You can look forward to leaving this session with a tight grasp of the most significant developments over the past 12 months. This will help you ensure that your HR checklist is fully ticked. In addition to this, you'll also be learning about what the likely HR / employment law changes are going to be in 2015, so that you can plan your year accordingly.
Osborne Recruitment is an award winning Irish Recruitment Consultancy, with its Head Office in Dublin 2 and an office in Blanchardstown to service West Dublin and the surrounding areas. We specialise in providing temporary, contract and permanent recruitment solutions in Ireland and Internationally across Office Support, Legal, Accountancy, Sales & Customer Services, Multilingual, Industrial, Supply Chain Management, Technical & Engineering, Pharma, Life Sciences, Medical Devices, Manufacturing and Management.