Fingal County Council to Provide €100,000 in Business Promotions Grant

rsz pic 1 1

Deputy Mayor of Fingal Cllr.Ted Leddy joined Chief Executive of Fingal County Council Paul Reid, Director of Economic Development Services with the Council, Ethna Felten, and Tony Lambert, CEO of Fingal Dublin Chamber, at County Hall Swords recently to launch a major business support initiative that will provide €100,000 in grant funding for businesses across Fingal.  With an allocation of €20,000 euros for each Fingal Electoral area, the Fingal County Council Business Promotion Grant scheme will fund initiatives aimed at promoting, generating or sustaining business across the County.

The aim of the business promotion grant is to generate and sustain business activity by increasing footfall, by encouraging businesses in an area to work together to promote business activity, and by encouraging the business community to work more closely with Fingal County Council and other public agencies. 

Qualifying initiatives include marketing or promoting a business area or category (including online campaigns), events that showcase products or services in an area, or that attract customers to a business area including musical performances, public art exhibitions and other forms of performance and small scale civic or public space projects including streetscape improvements, signage or street furniture that improve public spaces or make a business area seasonally attractive to customers.

The Business Promotion Grant will fund up to 75% of costs for an initiative with the applicant providing the remaining 25%.  100% funding may be provided in exceptional circumstances i.e. if a proposal for a project of exceptional merit is submitted and no other source of funding is available to the applicant.

Speaking at the official launch Paul Reid, Chief Executive of Fingal County Council said, “I am very pleased to launch Fingal County Council’s Business Promotion Grant Scheme, with a total grant fund of €100,000.  I know how important it is for businesses and retailers to market and promote themselves and their products, and how difficult it can be for some of them to find the financial resources to do this”.  “This grant is intended to offer meaningful support in this area and I believe that it will encourage businesses and retailers to work better together on marketing and promotion initiatives or events for their relevant areas”, he added. “I would encourage any business in Fingal who is planning an initiative to promote their business or product to consider making an application under the Scheme”, the Chief Executive said.  

Chamber Chief Executive, Tony Lambert welcomed this great initiative and called on businesses throughout the Fingal Region to consider participating. “This scheme offers businesses who wish to put forward a project to promote their businesses or their business location to receive 75% of the cost in grant aid from the Council”.

Full details of the Business Grant Promotion Scheme are available on www.fingal.ie or from This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.">This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .   The Council is willing to accept applications received within the next two weeks i.e. by Friday 12th December 2014. Some terms and conditions apply and the decision of the Evaluation Committee is final.

Pictured at the launch were: Fingal County Council Chief Executive, Paul Reid, Director for Economic Development, Ethna Felten, Deputy Mayor of Fingal, Cllr Ted Leddy, Rachel Lindsay & Chamber Chief Executive, Tony Lambert

Services

Contact Us

Connect with Us on LinkedIn: